Our Timeline

At the Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre we have been offering a warm welcome to visitors for over 100 years. The hotel’s building dates back to at least the early 1800’s when it was owned by the Palmerston estate. The McHugh family took ownership of Pier Head House in the early 1900’s and since then the business has grown and evolved under their ownership and management.
 
Renovated in 2005, the Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre is now a 3-star hotel complete with 40 ensuite bedrooms, Nimmo’s Bar & Lounge, Quay Bar & Restaurant, Pier Perfection Beauty & Hair Salon, Leisure Centre and Gift Shop.
 
While always a part of local harbour life, the hotel has also welcomed guests from all over the world. In recent years we have hosted some famous visitors to the area. The late musician Leonard Cohen stayed with us during his world tour in 2010 and in 2015 we had the pleasure of welcoming Prince Charles of Wales and Duchess Camilla of Cornwall during their official Royal Visit to Mullaghmore.
2015
Royal Mullaghmore Visit, 2015
2010
Leonard Cohen Mullaghmore Stay, 2010
2007
World Championship Rally, 2007
 
The Pier Head act as rally headquarters for the final stage of the World Championship Rally of Ireland. Sebastian Loeb wins the Rally of Ireland and goes onto win his 4th World Championship title.
2005
Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre Renovation, 2005
1990
Pier Head House, 1990’s – 2005
1950
Muchugh’s Hotel & Tearooms, 1950’s – 1990’s
1930
McHugh’s Hotel & Tearooms, 1930’s – 1950’s
1900
McHugh’s Hotel & Tearooms, 1900’s -1930’s

Contact

Address

Mullaghmore
Co Sligo
Ireland

Phone

00353 71 9166171

Email

reception@pierheadhotel.ie

Location

Select language

An image labelled Google Translate Logo