Loading...
History 2016-11-25T13:28:24+00:00

Our Timeline

At the Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre we have been offering a warm welcome to visitors for over 100 years. The hotel’s building dates back to at least the early 1800’s when it was owned by the Palmerston estate. The McHugh family took ownership of Pier Head House in the early 1900’s and since then the business has grown and evolved under their ownership and management.

Renovated in 2005, the Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre is now a 3-star hotel complete with 40 ensuite bedrooms, Nimmo’s Bar & Lounge, Quay Bar & Restaurant, Pier Perfection Beauty & Hair Salon, Leisure Centre and Gift Shop.

While always a part of local harbour life, the hotel has also welcomed guests from all over the world. In recent years we have hosted some famous visitors to the area. The late musician Leonard Cohen stayed with us during his world tour in 2010 and in 2015 we had the pleasure of welcoming Prince Charles of Wales and Duchess Camilla of Cornwall during their official Royal Visit to Mullaghmore.